Doesn’t it look delicious?!
Our opening Summer Re:Mix Recipe comes from the awesome team at Food & Wine. Contributed by Chef Grace Parisi, the spicy lemongrass paste used here is also wonderful rubbed on pork tenderloin or any firm, white-fleshed fish, such as snapper, sea bass or halibut. This recipe takes about 40 minutes from start to finish and it’s perfect with a refreshing and zesty white Bordeaux wine, such as Chateau Coucheroy!
Ingredients: [Servings: 6-8]
· 5 plump lemongrass stalks, inner bulb only, coarsely chopped
· 3 scallions, white and light green parts only, coarsely chopped
· 1 large garlic clove, smashed
· 1 large jalapeño, chopped
· Pinch of sugar
· 1/4 cup vegetable oil, plus more for brushing
· Salt and freshly ground pepper
· 4 pounds skinless, boneless chicken thighs and breasts
1. In a food processor, pulse the lemongrass until finely chopped. Add the scallions, garlic, jalapeño and sugar and pulse until finely chopped. With the machine on, add the 1/4 cup of vegetable oil in a steady stream and process to a fine paste. Season the paste with salt and pepper.
2. Using a small, sharp knife, make 1/2-inch-deep slashes into the chicken and rub the paste all over, working it into the slashes. Marinate the chicken for 15 minutes at room temperature or refrigerate overnight.
3. Light a grill. Brush the chicken with oil, season with salt and pepper and grill over a medium-hot fire, turning occasionally, until browned and cooked through, about 15 minutes.
Let us know how it goes! Share your garlicky lemongrass creations with us: tag @BordeauxWines and we’ll check it out! Cheers!