The cheese table by Roland Barthélemy
Mini cheese burgers
Ingredients: Baby leaf salad, thin slices of bacon, mini buns, 1 camembert.
- Cut in half and grill the buns
- Cut camembert into 1cm/1/2in slices
- Arrange the salad, then add the slices of cheese and the cooked bacon
With complex aromas, a Castillon Côtes de Bordeaux, like Château Guibeau, matches perfectly with the rich camembert bacon burger.
If you like to juxtapose flavours, serve with a Bordeaux Rosé M de Mangot since its refreshing character will counterbalance the richness of this dish.
Ingredients: 400 grams of Gruyere, 400 grams of Vacherin Fribourgeois (as this cheese is hard to find a good alternative is Comte), rosemary, toasted baguette, 1 clove garlic, 300ml of dry white wine, a pinch of pepper.
- Rub the skillet with the clove of garlic that you can leave (or not, depending on your preference) in the fondue.
- Mix the sliced Gruyère and the white wine in the skillet, and bring to a boil while stirring constantly.
- Lower the heat, add the Vacherin Fribourgeois and stir quickly until the cheese is melted.
- Turn the heat off. Don”t let it boil or it will burn. Add pepper and rosemary.
Classic pairing: enjoy the refreshing qualities of a dry and fruity white wine from Côtes de Bourg, Château de la Grave ‘Grains Fins’.
Original pairing: a red fresh modern Bordeaux like Château de la Cour d’Argent.
Goat cheese salad
Ingredients: 1 log of goat cheese, pine nuts, almonds, raisins, peppery salad mix, 1 red pepper
- Cut the goat cheese into 1cm/1/2in thick slices
- Place the salad leaves into a large serving bowl
- Add the previously sliced red pepper
- Place the goat cheese slices delicately on top of the mixture, then add the pine nuts, raisins and almonds
- Drizzle to taste with olive oil
Classic pairing: choose a dry and fruity white wine from the regional appellation of Bordeaux, like Les Chartrons Bordeaux Blanc, for perfect freshness on the palate. Original pairing: surprise your guests with a sparkling wine Crémant de Bordeaux – Les Cordeliers.