5 Things To Do In Bordeaux City According To Insiders
It”s no surprise to us that Bordeaux was #2 on this year”s New York Times” list of 52 Places to Go in 2016. Bordeaux has been undergoing an evolution the past few decades from a sleepy, guarded wine region to a bustling epicurean destination offering the best of all worlds – rolling vineyards, restaurants, wine bars and ocean views. With the opening of Bordeaux”s new wine museum La Cité du Vin and the Bordeaux Wine Festival, there”s never been a better reason to visit. But if you still need more convincing, check out these 5 places to visit according to Bordeaux insiders.
1. Darwin Center – Part street art museum, skate park, co-working space, restaurant & cafe, market and more, the Darwin Center is the perfect place to view street art, people watch and sip on biodynamic Bordeaux.
2. Le Flacon – A must visit destination for any wine geek. This unassuming spot nestled in the side streets of Bordeaux city features a wine list for the ultimate wine nerd.
3. The Pavlov”s Dog – This gourmet bistro offers dishes using fresh market produce and gluten-free options!
4. Marché des Capucins – Explore the market and its side streets. Our suggestion is to pick up provisions for a picnic and have lunch of baguette, cheese and wine along the river!
5. La Tapasserie – This hidden gem in Bordeaux City just opened their doors to much fanfare. Enjoy French inspired tapas with beautiful Bordeaux wines and mingle with the next generation of Bordeaux winemakers.